Saturday, May 2, 2009

Addiction


Love. Love. Love. Shoes. And what girl wouldn't. They always fit and never make you feel fat.
It was a warmish day in March and I was running errands at the mall. Returning things believe it or not. So proud of myself for not buying anything. I looked down at my watch, had lost track of time and just like Cinderella I was late. But then I looked down over the banister to the lower level and there they were, red stripped shoes just like the ones i had never dreamed of but knew that I would from now on. I had to go, I was really late. But as I ran for the parking lot a little voice whispered "just go look." Running back into the mall I picked up the red stripped slipper and turned it over to see $79.90. No deal. As I turned to walk away with great disappointment I heard the sales girl say "were you just looking at this shoe? Its the last one and its on sale for $19.99, the problem is that its a size 6, and nobody is a size 6". "I'm a size 6" I shouted with joy as I grabbed it from her hand and slipped it on. I knew we were meant to be.
(This isn't even all of them)

2 comments:

anya said...

They are stinkin' cute Erin! Great find!!! I only WISH I had that many shoes!!!

Dani said...

I beg to differ that they don't make you feel fat! Today at church after I had taken them off, I had to put them back on, and well, with swollen prego feet and cankles, they made me feel fat! So there!