Friday, July 29, 2011

Say Yes To The Dress

So we only have about 11 weeks from proposal to marriage so my mom and sister informed/forced me to try on wedding dresses the day we got home from the lake stating it takes 14-16 weeks to get a dress in so I don't have time to waste. I'm not going to lie, I was not excited about this and the first day didn't find anything I liked. The next day I had made some appts in SLC and Jordyn and I headed out on a mission to find a dress. Who knew it would be so easy? The first store we went to we fell in love with two dresses and couldn't decide what we like more because they both looked so different! The plan.....Thursday on my way out of town take the crew with me and make them pick. In the mean time I showed everybody the two dresses in pictures and EVERYBODY about 25 people picked this dress over the other one. Not one person picked the other dress and I was a little sad because I was leaning towards the other one (it just seemed more me) but hadn't told anyone. Much to my surprise and happiness once everyone saw the dresses in person they all hands down picked the one I liked! So goodbye cupcake dress, while I love the way you look and made me feel like a frilly princess you just didn't make the cut!
Sorry to dissapoint everyone that picked this!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Congrats Erin! I am so excited for you! You make a beautiful bride. Love the ring, Ryan proposed with a green lantern ring that he drew on my finger. Keep going with the blog updates! :)

Joanie said...

I'm SO glad you are blogging again!! And you look gorgeous in this dress, but I can't wait to see the one you picked. FUN!

megs said...

um... this is GORGEOUS! I can't imagine how stunning your real pick must be. ;)

Olivia Booth said...

Hey Girl you are a doll and so stunning! I am so happy for you. It has been so long but I always think about you and you are the greatest. I counted my shoes when I moved them to Ben's house because eveyone was asking. 158 pairs. We both read your shoe part and Ben loved it. Congrats on the engagement. It is worth it holding out for the right one. Love ya

Williams Family said...

UUUUUMMMMMM HHHHHeeelllloooo!!!!! when was I gonna be told of a marriage. What happened to the bachelorette party I had planned??? Congrats Lady!!!! Wishing you many years of nothing but love happiness and complete marital bliss!!1